Chronic inflammation is killing us all slowly. Research has shown that inflammation can cause cancer, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and other ailments. When your body is inflamed on the inside, it has an effect on your health. In today’s blog post, I’m going to focus on the causes of inflammation, and look at the best anti-inflammatory foods to fight it!
The Causes of Inflammation
Inflammation is caused by many different things in our environment and lives. Here are a few examples of things that cause inflammation:
- Genetic Predisposition
- Lack of Exercise
- Toxins in Our Food and Environment
Obviously, there’s not much we can do for genetics when it comes to inflammation. But, reducing stress, exercising more, cutting bad habits like smoking, and eliminating toxins in our diet can go a long way in healing our bodies from the inside out.
The Best Anti-Inflammatory Foods
One of the best ways to fight inflammation in your body is to eat a healthy diet. Your food matters. It’s what fuels our body and mind. What you put into your body matters. Keep this in mind when you go shopping and as you make diet choices: Eat natural, unprocessed foods. Here are the best anti-inflammatory foods for your body:
- Fish: Look for fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as mackerel, salmon, sardines, and tuna. If you don’t like fish, consider taking a high-quality fish oil supplement.
- Dark Leafy Greens: Vitamin E plays a role in protecting the body from inflammation. And, dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach, and collard greens are packed with this vitamin.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are filled with the antioxidant quercetin. Blueberries are an excellent choice for an anti-inflammatory food.
- Shilajit: Shilajit is a potent anti-inflammatory It has been used for thousands of years to fight inflammation, and thus provide relief for those suffering from arthritis.
Take control of your health. Inflammation is a major cause for many of the illnesses with which we struggle on a daily basis. Adding anti-inflammatory foods to our diets is an easy, (delicious!) way to take control of your body’s health.