You may have candida overgrowth if you suffer from digestive problems, joint pain, a hormone imbalance, recurring UTI’s, a weak immune system, allergy and sinus issues, brain fog, and other frustrating and debilitating symptoms. And, while these symptoms can also be a result of other illnesses, this overgrowth is becoming more and more common, and it is fairly easy to test for candida on your own (it is also advisable that you work with a medical professional for a complete diagnoses). I’m a big proponent of treating illnesses naturally: Herbs, minerals, shilajit, and a good diet can go a long way towards a healthier mind and body. In today’s blog post, I’m going to look at my research of about natural candida treatments:
Candida Treatments Research Takeaway: Your Diet is Essential
Everything we consume is fuel – whether you are fueling your body in a healthy way or an unhealthy way is up to you. It’s easy to let our diet slip, and start eating food that is easier and quicker to prepare and consume. Unfortunately, we don’t often realize the negative impact our diet has on our body until it is too late. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you better your diet to rid itself of candida. Tips related to diet were the most common natural candida treatments:
- Eat lots of organic vegetables, predominately green vegetables such as spinach, kale, asparagus, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cabbage.
- Eliminate “fake” foods from your diet, such as sugar, processed carbohydrates, alcohol, and food filled with many different preservatives.
- Replace your bread with complex grains, such as quinoa or barley.
- Add foods rich in probiotics to your diet, such as kombucha, kefir, kimchi, and sauerkraut, which add acidity to your body, fighting the candida overgrowth.
- Avoid fruit, because candida feeds on sugar.
Remember to consult with a doctor or nutritionist before implementing your diet. You need to make sure you maintain a healthy intake of calories.
Add Shilajit to Further Fight Candida
As I researched natural candida treatments, I couldn’t help but notice that adding shilajit to the candida treatment regimen would be an excellent idea. That’s because shilajit is a potent anti-bacterial substance. Shilajit is full of fulvic acids, which “exhibits potent antifungal activity.” In addition, it contains countless minerals and vitamins that are essential for rebuilding health. I found all my researching about candida treatments very enlightening, and hope you are benefitted by it as well!