As you well know, I have a passion for a substance called shilajit. It has so many benefits, and can greatly improve the health of anyone who takes it. There are many reasons for this, but one of the biggest is that it contains a large percentage of humic and fulvic acid. Both these substances have great health benefits. Today, I want to focus on each of these acids to learn how your health can improve by taking shilajit.
The Benefits of Humic Acid
First, we need to look at what humic acid is. Soil is comprised of many different organic matters. One of the main components of soil is humic acid – or “humus.” Humic acid is beneficial in a myriad of ways. Let’s look at some of the known benefits:
- Regulates metals in animals and plants.
- Binds to positively charged ions in the body, purifying it of toxins.
- Prepares and allows nutrients to interact with each other by transporting them right to our cells.
- Makes the membranes of cells more permeable, allowing nutrients to easily enter into the cell, and allowing waste to escape.
- Decreases acidity in body fluids and increases the amount of oxygen in the blood.
- Is a natural antioxidant – it bonds to free radicals and transforms them into usable substances.
The Benefits of Fulvic Acid
Next, we should look at what fulvic acid ids. Fulvic acid is an organic compound, much like humic acid. Just like humic acid, it fulvic acid has many benefits:
- It is one of the strongest antioxidants, freeing the body of free radicals.
- It is a nutrient-fortifier, transporting nutrients directly to the cells, and increasing the amount of time they are active in the body.
- Boosts the immune system by restoring the electrochemical balance of the body, and increasing the activity of enzyme systems.
- Transforms nutrients and minerals to much smaller particles, allowing the body to assimilate them more efficiently.
Humic and Fulvic Acid: Working Together to Benefit the Body
Shilajit has a very high percent of both humic and fulvic acid. The main benefit of both these acids is the assimilation of nutrients into the body. Now, consider the fact that shilajit is packed with over 80 different minerals and vitamins – when combined with humic and fulvic acid, shilajit is the perfect supplement to provide your body with the nutrients it needs as well as the most efficient way to absorb them. Make than another reason I love shilajit so much.